? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, October 20, 2008

Lord Be With Me Today!

What a yucky day it is around here today. Eddie's been gone since Thursday and will be back Wednesday night. We miss him when he's gone. We all had colds at the end of the week last week but most of us are over it. Ryan's is sticking around a little longer as usual but I took him to the doctor and his lungs sound fine. He's just got a crud. Can I just tell you what a blast I have everytime we go to the doctor. My youngest two go APE CRAP everytime we enter the doors. They act like they've been turned loose at the fair! Whew! At least I've been through it enough now to know how to get myself psyched up for it so that I don't completely lose my mind! LOL! I'm also having a bad day in terms of my current struggle. Some days are better than others. It's a tough fight for me but I'm convinced I'll make it through this a stronger person. Thought I was tough enough but I guess God thinks I could use some tweaking in that department. Eddie's latest decision to not adopt has crushed me in so many ways. Somedays I feel like I've moved on and I'm doing good and then somedays I wake up and feel like my whole heart and soul have been ripped out. I realize I have TONS to be thankful for and three wonderful children that I am eternally greatful to have the priveledge to raise. But the loss of the child I was planning to adopt is still very real and very painful. We didn't know who she was, we hadn't even been matched with a child but still she felt real to me. I felt connected to this child that I didn't know yet. I knew she was out there somewhere waiting for me to be her mommy. Most people think I'm crazy for wanting to add to my already chaotic house but this is what I love. I love my family, my children, and my chaotic lifestyle. It didn't bother me one bit to think of "adding more chaos". Eddie on the other hand just couldn't deal with that reality. I don't blame him. We're all different. It just hurts so badly to have this emptiness. For those that have experienced miscarriage, you can relate. I have experienced that myself and that's the only thing that I can relate this feeling to. The difference for me is the coping. When I had a miscarriage I was determined to become pregnant again as soon as I was healthy enough. And I did, resulting in my oldest, Jalen, my first little miracle. However, in this situation it's different. I have to find a way to accept that it's not going to happen and I haven't found that yet. I keep telling myself that I accept it's never going to happen but honestly I haven't. There's a part of me that wants so badly for him to say that he's changed his mind and wants to adopt afterall. That's not going to happen and I have to find a way to face it because everytime I talk to him about it, deep down wishing for him to say that though not asking him at all, I get crushed all over again when I hear him say that he never wants to adopt. I have decided that it's best that he and I not talk about it for a while, at least until I am at a better place with it emotionally. It just causes me to be angry with him. How can anyone look at these children and not want to open their home to them? I know that's the wrong attitude and that everyone's different, but when he and I talk about it, that attitude is what comes out and I become angry at him. Forgive me for how long this blog is. This is my way of venting since I don't know anyone personally who understands what I'm going through. I say Lord be with me because I need strength in a bad way. I want to feel better about this so badly but right now it doesn't feel possible. I know in my heart that it is possible. It's just a matter of me getting to the point where it really feels possible. For one, I am still trying to get rid of her things. I can't bring myself to take them to a thrift store or something like that. They're the last thing I have to remind me of her and her room that I had decorated. I need to get rid of them to help me heal. But I can't just throw them away. So Lord be with me, because my heart is broken, like it's never been broken before. I need to be at peace with this.

2 comments:

Pappy said...

I can't begin to understand how much "fun" it is when you have to take one of your kids to the doctor. I can relate to personal disappointments though. We all have them, I'm afraid and hopefully not so unsettling as the one you are in the midst of right now. I happen to know your strength and faith though and I do know that you will get through this in time. You know where to go with these feelings, don't you? Take your cares to The Lord and praise him for the wonderful and beautiful children he has been so generous to give to you. He blesses you everyday with some little something from one of those rascals. I think if you will consciously work to pray and keep your focus on Him and those beautiful kids there just won't be time for the disappointment to creep back in. When it does manage to, just refocus on your blessings. You've been doing it and encouraging me for so long now that I know you can and will come through this with a fresh and deeper love for God, Eddie and your kids. Who know, you might even blow a kiss my way on the clouds. I love and miss you and as always, have you in my prayers.

Love ya, P

Rita Andrews said...

Allison
I so understand your feeling. We have talked about adpting again, a little beauty from india...I know she is our daughter, but William is scared and doesnt want to now...... I pray it will change, but who knows!!! I do get so mad at him as well, but do have to refocus and know that it is Satan for giving me those thoughts...God blesses us each and everyday....We have 4 little adopted blessings and 2 homegrown ones.....We really are blessed!

Rita