? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Small Update-Long Post-I Talk Too Much!!

I promised to keep everyone posted on here so I'm posting this little tidbit of news. I say that because it's probably not going to sound like much to the rest of you. But to us, it was very encouraging. Not much information but it let us know we aren't being lost in stacks of paperwork but that people are actually reviewing our file. Anyway, so we got an email this morning from the social worker and she said that she got two requests this week for our file. Now let me explain that a bit. . . on some cases, our social worker puts the inquiry in for us on the child we are interested in and along with the inquiry she submits our file. In other cases, we are able to submit our own inquiry and the child's agency has to request our file from our social worker. So, in one of the cases this week, we put in the inquiry and they are interested in us so they've asked her for our file. In the other case, she submitted the inquiry and they already have our file and are interested in us. They have requested she be part of a meeting (teleconference) to present us as a good candidate family for the child. The meeting is Tuesday. I've asked her when we should hear back on the results of the meeting, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Most of our email traffic takes a couple of days due to time differences and such. So, we're still playing the waiting game but like I said, it's a bit comforting to hear that we're being reviewed. It's tough to not get our hopes up for one child or another, but we're trying and praying really hard for guidance on that right now. It's tough to keep in mind that HE already knows which child is coming to our family. But like I said, we're trying to keep that in mind and praying for HIM to help us keep it there! Ya'll pray with us! This waiting stinks!! I remember one of our pastors saying once, "God give me patience and give it to me NOW!" LOL! That's unfortunately the way we think. But everything happens in HIS time right!?! HE'S AN ON-TIME GOD-YES HE IS!! :) And I forget how well he knows me sometimes :) The other day I was down and out about this waiting mess and just when I was about to open my mouth to complain, I got an email from a friend of mine that's adopting and they've been waiting a year and a half and are just finally at the top of the list and hoping for a referral of a child in the next month or two! And this will be their first child! HUSH MY MOUTH!! We've only been at this since early December! We really can't complain! So if you feel moved to pray for our family during this waiting time, I'm asking that you try to remember those families in prayer too. I can't imagine waiting that long for the child that already belongs to your heart in so many ways.

0 comments: